Why a Drum Mobile?
Our Off-Grid DRUM MOBILE DrumArtsGarden Mobile Learning Laboratory brings the power of African Drumming & Permaculture to POC communities of women, girls and youth! The Drum Mobile is a response to rising costs of living, limited space and insufficient resources in schools and organizations we serve. The Drum Mobile is also a natural solution to an expanded touring and teaching lifestyle for drumming & permaculture consulting and teaching across the US and Canada.
Book Drum Mobile Now!
Our goal is to bring our earth drum magic Nationally and Internationally. Stay tuned for details about our fall tour! If you already know you want us in your community, book us now right here!
Spreading the Power of the DRUM and PERMACULTURE:
The Drum Mobile tours the United States 2 times per year offering a variety of workshops and performances for under-served and under-resourced communities.
80% of our programming is offered at NO COST to participants!
We need your support to ensure the Drum Mobile keeps moving- become a SPONSOR or DONATE today. Contact us for more information.
We offer a variety of programs, perfect for all ages. Our goal on this tour is to provide low cost and free programs to women, girls of color non-profit programs that do not have the means to fund these wisdom offerings. Our Programs are adaptable to indoor and outdoor spaces and great for all ages! In order to do this, we are seeking matching donations from sponsors and granting organizations.
The following three programs are the focus (Our other offerings are relevant too):
Cultivating Cultural Literacy & Leadership through African-Based Drumming and the Creative-Expressive-Visual-Performance Arts
- Exciting drum-songs, rituals, culturally relevant stories
- Inspiring, interactive program engages and motivates students of all ages
- Expressive play, storybuilding, somatic (embodied expression) inquiry, singing, dancing, and polyrhythmic drumming
Embodying the Vibrant Healing Force of the Drum (Adults Only)
- Awaken & Release your voice
- Sacred Community Play, Songs, Movement, intentionally held circle, conscious communication
- Learn drum-specific techniques, rhythms, songs and dances for the Djembe, Dunun, Conga, Shekere, Bell, Cajun, Ashiko, and any other drums you desire to bring into the circle
- We engage in unleashing shy and old shut down parts of ourselves, so that we can live into our Joy and engage our rightful freedom as earth citizens. Open to All Levels with Beginners in Mind!
Rhythms of the Earth Land Action Days (Coming Fall 2016)
- WE COME TO YOUR CITY
- DO A CONCERT OR WORKSHOP
- FOLLOWING DAY THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE JOINS US FOR AN ALL-DAY LAND ACTION DAY!
- Anchored by 12 Permaculture Principles and Rhythmic Elements of Nature
- We provide skilled permaculturists to assist in all aspects of setting up a Land Action Day on land that is communal. This would follow a workshop or performance with Afia Walking Tree and Spirit Drumz.
- Learn aboutliving technologies, organic vs non-gmo, learn about soil carbon harvesting, learn how to build cobb structures, composting systems, rain gardens, rain water harvesting and the power of local food forests as replenishing regerative system to build community resiliency now.
- Learn about REAL nutritional vitamins for the body, mind and spirit
- Learn Drum-song-movements that engage ancient embodied technologies, medicine and magic that relate to the growing seasons, that assist in vibrational harmony of living beings.
- Community building onsite teaching demonstration using a community garden space for planting, grown, harvesting our own food and co-creating and preserving within native habitats
- STEAM principles are woven into our curriculum